Walmart exposes a dashboard for its vendors(DSV’s and Marketplace sellers) to view their order information for walmart.com orders. Vendors can receive new orders, acknowledge them and communicate to Walmart once shipped. The old application which provided the sellers to do these tasks is called Partner Portal.
- One stop for all the tasks to be done by sellers - seller center.
- Remove partner portal and add a new order management section to seller center of Walmart. This new section would be a dashboard where vendors can view and manage their orders.
- Improve usability and add on on more features which do not exist in partner portal.
- Product and domain(marketplace/dsv) discovery
- Build the initial IA and wireframes based on the product requirements
- Conduct product/business reviews and get signoff
- Provide design deliverables and conduct UX reviews with dev team
I was the sole designer for the dashboard. Worked along with dev team, product team and business stakeholders.
Due to some constraints, primary research was not possible at the start of project. Based on the product meetings and the feedback about existing portal, new designs were created. After completing the designs, we went to few vendors in San Fransico to validate the assumptions we made while creating the new designs. Most of the assumptions were to the point, and the new interface could cater to their needs.
The information in dashboard is divided based on ESD (estimated shipping date) and the tasks vendor has to do. They are listed below-
- Missed - Shipments for which ESD has passed away i.e ESD was yesterday or before.
- Today - Shipments for which ESD is today. Incoming orders which need to be acknowledged today.
- Upcoming- Shipments for which ESD is tomorrow or later.
The super script beside each tab gives the total number of shipments inside that category.
The PO numbers can be clicked to open up the PO details. The PO details are displayed in a full screen modal. Default status of the line item is 'Ordered'. The seller can update the status to acknowledge/shipped etc. and then update the details accordingly.